Incheon International Airport
Incheon International Airport is the largest airport in South Korea and one of the largest airports in the world. It is also the primary airport that serves the Seoul metro area. The airport serves as the main hub for Asiana Airlines, Korean Air and Polar Air Cargo. Airports Council International has awarded Incheon International Airport as the best airport in the world for seven consecutive years from 2005-2012.
Serving 34 million passengers and 2.5 million tons of cargo in 2011, the airport serves as one of Asia’s important hubs as it connects East Asia to the rest of the world.
There are several places in the airport terminals of Incheon International where passengers can relax and wait for their flights to depart. There are several internet lounges that can be found in the terminals. Located in the duty free area on the third floor near gates 14 and 30 and in the public area on the second floor near arrival areas A and E. These internet lounges provide internet access for a fee and PC operations such as fax, copy, and scanning documents. The internet lounges are always open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
For holders of HyundaiCard, the HyundaiCard Air Lounge is available from 7:00AM to 9:00PM every day. The Air Lounge can be found on the second floor of the passenger terminal, central area. Customers of the Air Lounge can take advantage of the refreshments and snacks while waiting for your trip.
- HyundaiCard Air Lounge: Passenger Terminal 2F Central Area. Operating Hours: 7:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Hub Lounge: Transfer Service Complex 4F
- Asiana Lounge: Concourse A
- KAL Lounge: Concourse A
- Asiana Lounge: Passenger Terminal
Airport WiFi and Internet
- Free WiFi is available throughout the airport.
- Internet Lounge: Passenger Terminal 3F near Gate 14 and 30. Operating Hours: Open 24 hours
- Internet Lounge: Passenger Terminal 2F near Arrival Area A and E. Operating Hours: Open 24 hours
- Internet Lounge: Concourse 3F near Gate 111 and 124. Operating Hours: Open 24 hours
Services, Facilities and Things to do at the Airport
Incheon International Airport has two terminals, the main terminal and the concourse. The main terminal features 44 boarding gates and a handful of counters for passengers such as customs, quarantine and security. The concourse has five lounges and 30 gates.
The airport also has a number of services that keeps passengers safe, secure, and comfortable. There are several banks that operate within the airport to provide passengers the flexibility to transact even while waiting for their flights. These banks also provide foreign currency exchange service so that travellers can exchange their foreign currency for Korean Won.
There are also car rental services, hair and beauty services, laundry and car wash, medical service and pharmacies throughout the airport terminal to cater to all the needs of the travellers that travel through Incheon International.
- Best Western Hotel: Just 700 meters away from the airport or less than 5 minutes by car. Operating Hours: Open 24 hours
- Incheon Airport Transit Hotel: 4F Departure Area, East and West Wings. Operating Hours: Open 24 hours
- Hyatt Regency Hotel: Located less than 2 minutes away from the airport via free shuttle bus service. Operating Hours: Open 24 hours
- Shinhan Bank: Public Area B1 West Side. Operating Hours: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Korea Exchange Bank: Public Area B1. Operating Hours: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Hana Bank: Public Area Transport Center West Side. Operating Hours: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Kookmin Bank: Public Area B1 near Information Desk. Operating Hours: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Shinhan Bank Currency Exchange: Public Area 1F and 3F, Duty Free Area 3F, Concourse 3F
- KEB Currency Exchange: Public Area 1F and 3F, Duty Free Area 3F, Concourse 3F
- KB Currency Exchange: Public Area 1F and 3F, Duty Free Area 3F, Concourse 3F, Customs Area 1F
- Hana Bank: Public Area 1F and 3F, Duty Free Area 3F, Concourse 3F
Sometimes, passengers come early or flights are delayed or cancelled. For passengers who are waiting for their flights there are several entertainment options that passengers can choose from. The IT Experience Center at the 3rd floor duty free area of the main terminal offers cell phone, internet, and other IT services are available here. For those who want to be pampered while waiting for their flight the Spa on Air sauna and spa provides the weary a relaxing wait. Sports minded travellers can take advantage of the driving range, golf course, and a skating rink while they wait. The airport also has hotels, a casino, a movie theatre, a nursery and playroom to provide passengers comfort while waiting for their flights.
Food and Dining
- JaYeon: Public Area 4F, West Wing. Operating Hours: 7:00 am to 8:30 pm
- Haneul: Public Area 4F, West Wing. Operating Hours: 6:30 am to 8:30 pm
- Air Cafe: Public Area 4F, West Wing. Operating Hours: 7:00 am to 8:30 pm
- Paris Croissant Kitchen: Public Area 1F, West of Millennium Hall. Operating Hours: 6:00 am to 9:30 pm
- Global Chow: Public Area 4F, West Wing. Operating Hours: 7:00 am to 7:30 pm
- Lotte Duty Free: Duty Free Area 3F Entrance of Departure Hall 1. Operating Hours: 7:00 am to 9:30 pm
- The Shilla Duty Free: Duty Free Area 3F near Departure Hall 3. Operating Hours: 7:00 am to 9:30 pm
Airport Transportation: Getting There
You can reach Incheon International Airport by bus; there are several bus routes to and from the airport. There are also bus routes that will transport you to several areas of the airport. The AREX or the Incheon International Airport Railroad Express also connects the airport to Gimpo Airport and downtown Seoul
- Incheon International Airport to Seoul Station in 43 minutes
- Taxi stands are located at the arrival level and at the passenger terminal
- Rates start at KRW 2,400
- Inter-Airport Shuttle Buses
- City Buses: Transports passengers from the airport to different parts of Seoul and other provinces.