Kansai International Airport
Kansai International Airport is an international airport located on the artificial island at the center of Osaka bay. It is off the Honshu shore and serves as an international hub for Japan Airport, Nippon Cargo Airlines, and All Nippon Airways. It also serves as a hub for the first international economical carrier in Japan known as Peach. It is the sixth busiest airport in Japan and second in Osaka. The airport has become an Asian hub with 499 flights to Asia very week.
The KIX airport lounge is open for passengers for 24 hours and functions as an internet café. The company also provide special lounges for customers such as the Korean Air and Jal Family Service in 3rd floor. The ANA and Sakura lounge are available at the domestic gate area. The KIX Airside lounge is the International Central Gate area. Asuka, Royal Orchid, ANA and Lounge Pacific are at the International North Gate area while Sakura is at the South Gate Area.
- Korean Air Lounge: Passenger Terminal Building Level 3
- JAL Family Service Lounge: Passenger Terminal Building Level 3
- ANA Lounge: Domestic Gate Area Level 2, International Gate Area North Wing Level 2
- SAKURA Lounge: Domestic Gate Area Level 2, International Gate Area South Wing Level 2
- KIX Airside Lounge: International Gate Area Level 3
- Asuka Lounge: International Gate Area North Wing Level 2
- Lounge Pacific: International Gate Area North Wing Level 2
- Royal Orchid Lounge: International Gate Area North Wing Level 2
Airport WiFi and Internet
- Airport WiFi is available in the terminal buildings 24 hours a day.
- @Station Internet Terminal
- E-Stand Internet Terminal: International Gate Area Level 2 North Wing and South Wing, International Gate Area Center Level 3
Services, Facilities & Things to Do at the Airport
A number and facilities and services are also available at the Kansai International Airport to make sure that passengers are safe, comfortable and entertained. Baggage services and coin lockers are provided for passengers to ease them from carrying their bags while waiting at the airport. There are also rental services such as mobile phones and wheelchairs. Aside from the wireless connection, there are also internet terminals. Banks, currency exchange, and ATMs are also available all throughout the airport. Other useful facilities and services include pharmacies, clinics, post office, police, meeting points, and prayer room.
- The Hotel Nikko Kansai Airport: located at the Aeroplaza
Banks and ATMs
- Bank of Tokyo – Mitsubishi UFJ: Passenger Terminal Building Level 2. Operating Hours: Weekdays 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Level 4 ATMs: Resona Bank, Seven Bank, Osaka Shinkin Bank
- Level 2 North ATMs: Bank of Tokyo – Mitsubishi UFJ, Sumitomo Mitsui Bank
- Level 2 South ATMs: Seven Bank, Senshu Ikeda Bank, Post Office ATM
- Level 1 North ATMs: Citibank, Seven Bank
- Level 1 Aeroplaza ATMs: LAWSON Bank ATM
- ANA Sky Porter Baggage Storage: Passenger Terminal Building Level 1, Passenger Terminal Building Level 4
- JAL ABC Baggage Storage: Passenger Terminal Building Level 1, Passenger Terminal Building Level 4
- JAL ABC Coin Lockers: Passenger Terminal Building Level 2, Passenger Terminal Building Level 3, Aeroplaza Level 2. Operating Hours: Open 24 hours
- Nippon Rent-A-Car
- Nissan Rent-A-Car
- Toyota Rent-A-Car
- Orix Rent-A-Car Japan
- Mazda Rent-A-Car
- Rent-A-Car JAPAREN
In order to keep passengers entertained while waiting for their departure, a number of entertainment facilities are provided. Coin-operated showers are available on the 2nd floor next to the information center. Shampoo, soap, and conditioner are also provided. The KIX refresh cabin is also available where you can take a nap and enjoy a personal lounge with massage chairs. There are also free drinks and a computer corner in the cabin. Relaxation Forest is also available where you can have facial, foot, and full body relaxation. Other areas include smoking rooms, VIP rooms, conference rooms, and service counters.
- Sky View Observation Hall: Near the Ferry Terminal and is accessible via the Sky Shuttle Bus service
Food and Dining
- ANZU: Aeroplaza Level 3. Operating Hours: 6:00 am to 11:00 pm
- KAMAKURA Pasta: Passenger Terminal Building Level 3. Operating Hours: 7:00 am to 10:00 pm
- GANKO Sushi: Passenger Terminal Building Level 3. Operating Hours: 7:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Subway: Passenger Terminal Building Level 2. Operating Hours: 6:15 am to 10:00 pm
- Boteju: Passenger Terminal Building Level 3. Operating Hours: 7:00 am to 10:00 pm
- McDonalds: Passenger Terminal Building Level 2. Operating Hours: Open 24 hours a day
Duty Free Shops
- ANA Duty Free Shop: Passenger Terminal International Gates. Operating Hours: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
- AAS Duty Free Shop: Passenger Terminal International Gates. Operating Hours: 7:30 am to 10:30 pm
- Duty Free Shop Les Cosme: Passenger Terminal International Gates. Operating Hours: 7:15 am to 12:00 am
The airport is available for 24 hours along with other facilities and services you can enjoy. However, some facilities have scheduled times that you might want to check.
Airport Transportation: Getting There
You can reach Kansai International Airport via bus, limousines, train and a ferry. The airport is connected only by the Sky Gate Bridge with a lower railroad bridge underneath.
- Car: 7 minutes from Rinku Junction on Hanshin Expressway. 600 Yen to 2,200 Yen
- High Speed Ferry: 30 minutes from Kobe Airport to Kansai. 1,800 Yen
- TaxiAirport Transportation: Getting Around
Getting around the airport should be easy. Buses and limousines are available at the terminal stations. In addition, a ferry service is also provided every 30 minutes.