Kuala Lumpur International Airport
Kuala Lumpur International Airport is the main international airport in Malaysia and is also one of the major airports in Southeast Asia. This makes the airport a huge and multinational catchment area. Its construction cost around 3.5 billion dollars. Currently, it can handle 35 million passengers and 1.2 million tons of cargo every year. It was ranked as the 14th busiest airport in the world and 5th busiest international airport in Asia. It was also ranked as the busiest airport by cargo traffic in 2012. Operated by Malaysia Airports, it is considered as the primary hub AirAsia X, MASkargo, AirAsia, and Malaysia Airlines.
Airline lounges in Kuala Lumpur International Airport are located at the Satellite Building of the mezzanine level. Lounges include the Royal Orchid, Emirates, Dynasty, Cathay, and MAS GOLDEN lounge. Each of them is specified to many different passengers. Facilities are also included in the lounges such as reading materials, comfortable seating, flight information displays, TVs, and complimentary snacks and beverages. Some lounges also offer business services such as computers, Internet access, telephones, and fax machines.
- MAS Golden Lounge: For Malaysian Airlines passenger only. Mezzanine Level of the West Wing C1-C6, Contact Pier Domestic, Contact Pier International
- Royal Orchid Lounge: For Thai Airways passengers only. Mezzanine Level of the North Wing C11-17
- Cathay Pacific Lounge: For Cathay Pacific passengers only. Mezzanine Level of the East Wing C21-27
- Silver Kriss Lounge: For Singapore Airlines passengers only. Mezzanine Level of the North Wing C11-17
- Emirates Lounge: For Emirates Airlines passengers only. Mezzanine Level of the East Wing C21-27
- Dynasty Lounge: For China Airlines passengers only. Mezzanine Level of the South Wing C31-37
Airport WiFi and Internet Access
- Free wireless internet access is available in public areas and passenger terminals. No registration is required, just connect to “FREE_WIFI@KLIA”.
Services, Facilities & Things to Do at the Airport
A number of facilities and services are also available at the airport to ensure the relaxation and convenience of passengers. Baggage may be deposited at the luggage area which includes lockers and storage for a fee. A pharmacy and clinic is also available to those who do not feel well before or after the flight. Postal offices are also present at the Departure, level 5 of the main terminal building. The airport has WiFi connection that allows passengers to enjoy free internet access. If you want to dine while waiting for your flight, the F&B Outlets are available at main terminal building. They offer various cuisines to suit the taste of every passenger. You can also treat yourself and your loved ones as you shop for gifts and souvenirs at the retail outlets, located in the main terminal building.
- Airside Transport Hotel: Satellite Building near Gate C5. Rates start at RM 185.00
- Pan Pacific Kuala Lumpur Airport Hotel: linked to the Main Terminal Building of Kuala Lumpur International Airport
- Concorde Inn: accessible through a free shuttle service to and from the airport
- Tune Hotel: located conveniently near the Low Cost Carrier Terminal
ATMs and Exchange Bureaus
- Main Terminal Building Departure Hall Level 5 ATMs: Maybank, EON Bank, RHB, Affin Bank, AM Bank, CIMB, Hong Leong
- Arrival Hall Level 3 ATMs: Maybank, AMBank, CIMB
- Contact Pier Domestic Level ATMs: Maybank
- Satellite Building ATMs: Maybank, CIMB, RHB
- Main Terminal Building Exchange Bureaus: Maybank, RHB, Kuwait House of Finance, CIMB, Bank Islam Bureau de Change
Health and Medical Services
- Pharmacy: Main Terminal Building Departure Hall Level 5, Satellite Building near Gates C21-C27. Operating Hours: 6:00 am to 12 am
- Airport Clinic: Main Terminal Building Level 3 near Burger King, Satellite Building near Gates C21-C27. Operating Hours: Open 24 hours a day
- Business Center: open 24 hours a day
- Visitor Service Center: Main Terminal Building Level 3. Open 24 hours a day
- Gym and Showers are located at the Airside Transit Hotel
For entertainment, Kuala Lumpur International Airport provides their passengers with a wide range of leisure activities and facilities. Business centres are available for executive passengers and parents do not need to worry about their children because there is also a children’s play room. You can also relax at the massage and reflexology center located at the Satellite building next to the smoking area. In addition, you can also observe the going-on from the airside at the main terminal building.
Food and Dining
- KopiTime: Main Terminal Departure Area Level 5
- Cafe Barbara: Main Terminal Departure Area Level 5
- KFC: Main Terminal Departure Area Level 5
- Eden @ KLIA: Main Terminal Departure Area Level 5
- Malaysian Wok: Main Terminal Arrival Area Level 3
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Main Terminal Arrival Area Level 3
- Food Paradise Food Court: Main Terminal Building
Reflexology and Massage
- Reflexology and Massage Center: Satellite Building Passenger Level near C1-C5. Rates starts at RM 70.00. Operating Hours: 7:00 am to 1:00 am
The airport is available for 24 hours to provide services to passengers. There is also a 24-hour visitor’s service that answers queries and concerns.
Airport Transportation: Getting There
Kuala Lumpur International Airport can be reached by train, taxis, limousines, and bus. KLIA express provides a non-stop train service to get its passengers to the airport.
- Express Coach: KLIA to KL Sentral. Approximately 1 hour travel time. RM 10.00
- City Bus
- Sepang Omnibus
- Star Shuttle
Airport Taxi – From Kuala Lumpur International Airport to areas in Kuala Lumpur and Selangor
- Budget Taxi
- Premier Limo
- Super Luxury
- Family Service
Airport Transportation: Getting Around
Getting around the import is easy. An airport coach is available every 30 minutes to get you where you want to go. Other available vehicles are taxis, limos, skybus, and aerobus.