Munich Airport is the international airport in Germany. It is the center of Star Alliance and Lufthansa airlines. It is located on the territory of four municipalities, Hallbergmoos, Oberding, Marzling, and Freising. It also so serves as the second hub of Lufthansa besides Frankfurt. In addition, it is known as the third busiest airport in Germany and at the present. It is the sixth busiest airport in Europe and ranks 27th in the world in 2011.
Munich Airport offers its passengers a number of lounges to have a relaxed stay in an exclusive environment while waiting for departure time. The Lufthansa’s Business and Senator Lounges are all located in terminal 2. It offers a wide selection of cold and hot beverages as well as candies, cookies, beers, wines, and sparkling wines. You can also have gummy bears and fruits. Depending on the time of day, you can have bread with cheese, cake, soup, and cereals with milk. Fruits and wraps are usually available at the sports center. Inside the lounge area, there are bathroom and shower facilities that passengers can indulge in.
- Atlantic Lounge: Departures C Level 3. Operating Hours: 6:00 am to 11:00 pm
- British Airways Galleries Lounge: Terminal 1 Module B Level 5. Operating Hours: 5:40 am to 9:15 pm
- Europe Lounge: Terminal 1 Module D Level 5. Operating Hours: 6:00 am to 8:30 pm
- Lufthansa EU Lounge: Terminal 2 Level 4. Operating Hours: 5:15 am to 11:30 pm
- Lufthansa non-EU Lounge: Terminal 2 Level 5. Operating Hours: 5:15 am to 11:00 pm
- Salon Air France: Terminal 1 Module D Level 5. Operating Hours: 5:30 am to 9:00 pm
- The Emirates Lounge: Terminal 1 Module C Level 5. Operating Hours: 12:00 am to 10:30 pm
Airport WiFi and Internet
- Free 30 minutes of WiFi use is available in the two terminals of the airport. A fee of EUR 4.95 will be charged per hour after the first 30 minutes.
Services, Facilities & Things to Do at the Airport:
There are a number of facilities and services at the airport to keep passengers relaxed and entertained. The airport includes the Munich Airport Center is a recreation, shopping and business area that links Terminals 1 and 2. The Central Area hosts the shopping mall as well as the S-Bahn Station. The new MAC Forum, on the other hand, is a huge open-air area that has a semi-transparent roof that resembles a tent. A number of banks are also available at the airport to make sure that you have access to your cash when you need it. They also have ATMs, currency exchange, and other services. Other special facilities include reservations-desk, check-in areas, and conference rooms.
- Kempinski Hotel: Situated between Terminals 1 and 2. Operating Hours: Open 24 hours
- Novotel Munich Airport:
Banks and ATMs
- Deutsche Bank: Munich Airport Center Public Area Level 3. Open 24 hours
- HypoVereinsbank: Munich Airport Center Public Area Level 3
- Deutsche Post Bank: Munich Airport Center Public Area Level 3. Operating Hours: 7:30 am to 9:00 pm
- ReiseBank AG:
- Sparkasse: Terminal 2 Departure Area Level 4
Entertainment and business facilities are also available at the airport. A TV area is present with 4 screens. There is also a work area with phones, online services, copy machines, printer and fax. In addition, free internet is provided in PCs. Viewing facilities are also built for visitors and sight-seers. A Visitors Park is present with a Visitors Hill that offers a great view of the Terminal 1 and Westerly Aircraft Apron. At the park, you can see three historic aircrafts – the Douglas DC-3, Junkers Ju 52/3m, and Super Constellation. There are also visitors viewing terrace that fives the view of easterly aircraft apron.
Food and Dining
- Alfredo Cafe Bar: Terminal 1 Module D Public Area Level 3. Operating Hours: 6:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Caffe Vergnano: MAC Forum Public Area Level 3. Operating Hours: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Bruschetteria: Terminal 1 Departures Area North. Operating Hours: 4:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Mangostin Airport: Terminal 2 Departures Area Level 5. Operating Hours: 10:30 am to 11:00 pm
- Duty Free Travel Value: Terminal 1 Departure A-D. Operating Hours: 5:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Gateshop: Terminal 2 Departures Area Level 5. Operating Hours: 7:30 am to 9:00 pm
- For 50 minutes, passengers will be able to tour the airport through a 12 kilometer router which covers Terminal 1 and 2 aprons, 2 runways and 2 fire stations.
- The Visitors Terrace: The 800 square meter terrace is located on Level 7 and it shows passengers views of the eastern apron and the 2 runways. Operating Hours: 8:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Airport Souvenir Shop
- Visitor’s Center Cinema: Operating Hours: 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Merkur Spielothek: Terminal 1 Arrival C Level 3, Terminal 2 Arrival Level 3. Operating Hours: 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
The airport is open for twenty-four hours and seven days a week.
Airport Transportation: Getting There
To get to the airport, you have a wide range of options including taxis, cars, buses, trains, limousines and hotel shuttles.
- Train: S-Bahn rail link S1 travels from Munich Airport to Munich Hauptbahnof
- Taxi: Stands are found in Level E04 of Terminal 1 Arrival and Departure Area in front of Modules A to E and next to the access ramp for taxis and buses near E03 arrival area and E04 departure area.
- Hotel ShuttleAirport Transportation: Getting Around
Getting around the airport is also possible with rental cars, shuttle buses, and taxis at the stations near the terminals.