Zurich Airport is the largest international airport in Switzerland. It is also known as Kloten Airport and is the primary hub of the Swiss International Airlines. Owned by Flughafen Zurich AG, it is located 8.1 miles north of the center of Zurich city. It is the leading airport in Europe and the best airport for food and drink as well. It also received the Swiss award for steel construction. The airport has received a number of awards since 2005. Currently, it ranks number one in Europe and number three in the entire world.
Before departure, the Zurich Airport lounges are the perfect place to escape from the stir and jostle of the airport. A number of outstanding services are offered along with Swiss hospitality. There are six lounges at the airport – Swiss First, Swiss Business, Swiss Senator, Swiss Arrival, Swiss D Business and Swiss D Senator. All these lounges offer entertainment, food and beverages, shower and refreshments, and business and work facilities. Take it easy with these marvellous lounges as you wait.
- Dnata Skyview Lounge: Transfer and Shopping Area A Level 2. CHF 32.00 single admission
- Emirates Lounge: Gates E
- Panorama Lounge: Gates E. CHF 36.00 single admission
- SKYTEAM Lounge: Transfer Area A
- Swiss Business Lounge: Transfer Area A
Airport WiFi and Internet
- Wireless Internet access is available at the airport for a fee.
- Internet kiosks are also available for use for a fee.
Services, Facilities & Things to Do at the Airport
The airport offers various services to make the arrival and departure of passengers comfortable. Information desks are available at Arrival a1 and 2, Car Park 2, Check-in 2, and Transfer & Shopping area. There are left luggage offices as well as lockers to keep you valuable safe. This allows you to shop and relax for up to 12 hours without carrying everything around. Luggage facilities are open from 6 AM to 10:30 PM. Porters are also available to provide service from 5:15 AM to 11 PM. The airport also offers Animal Care Services. In addition, a number of banks are available at the airport to provide financial services to both locals and foreigners. ATM machines are scattered around the airport for convenience as well.
- Radisson Blu Hotel: Connected to the airport terminal
- NH Zurich Airport: Shuttle service is available for transporting passengers from the airport to the hotel and vice versa
Banks and ATMs
- Credit Suisse: Airport Center, Prime Center, Arrival Area 2, Check-in Area 2, Prime Center 1
- Credit Suisse ATMs: Arrival Area 2, Check-in Area 2, Airport Center
- Die Post: Airport Center
- Die Post ATMs: Airport Center, Arrival Area 1
- Raiffeisen ATM: Airport Center
- UBS: Check-in Area 1, Arrival Area 1. Operating Hours: 6:00 am to 10:00
- UBS ATMs: Arrival Area 1, Check-in Area 1
- Zurcher Kantonalbank ATM: Airport Center Level 1
- Service Center Carpark 2 Level 1. Operating Hours: 6:00 am to 10:00 pm. CHF 15
- Transit Area B leading to Bus Gates B01 to B10. Operating Hours: 6:30 am to 10 pm. CHF 15
- Transit Area D next to Day Rooms. Operating Hours: Open 24 hours. CHF 15
The Zurich Airport has a shopping and dining area at the Airport Center. Food shops are open from 6 AM to 11 PM and other shops are open from 8 AM to 9 PM. There are over 80 shops at the Airport Center. These shops are open to the public so you can do your daily shopping. There is also a shopping area for passengers only. Over 60 shops offer souvenirs, gifts, jewellery, watches, chocolates, and more. The airport also offers nonstop entertainment from observation decks, sightseeing tours, sports equipment rentals, and even birthday parties.
Food and Dining
- Airborne Restaurant: Airport Center. Operating Hours: 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Caffe Presto im Foodland: Airport Center. Operating Hours: 7:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Greens im Foodland: Airport Center. Operating Hours: 6:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Pizza and Pasta im Foodland: Airport Center. Operating Hours: 8:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Center Bar: Transfer Area A
- Marche: Transfer Area A
Duty Free Shops
- Duty Free Store: Opens one hour before first flight and closes when the announcement of the last flight is made.
- Duty Free Store Arrivals
- Observation Deck: Located near the Check-in Area 2, passengers can experience the thrill and joy of flying and a wonderful view of the airport. Operating Hours: 8:00 am to 9:00 pm (Summer) 9:00 am to 6:00 pm (Winter). Price starts at CHF 5
- Sightseeing Tours: A guided tour of different parts of the airport. The tour lasts approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. Prices are CHF 8 for adults.
The airport is open 24/7. However, shops and dining areas may have scheduled opening and closing time.
Airport Transportation: Getting There
You can take the train to get to the Airport Center of Zurich Airport or the bus to and from the airport bus terminal. You can also take the tram service in Glattalbahn. In addition, you can take a hotel bus to get to the airport.
- Swiss Federal Railways: SBB travel center is located under the Airport Center in Check-in 3 area. Operating Hours: 6:15 am to 10:00 om
- Regional Buses
- Glattalban Tram Service: Connects Zurich Airport to the main railway system.
Airport Transportation: Getting Around:
To get around the airport, you have many different choices. You can rent a car at the level one of the Airport center. Taxis and limousines are also available at the Arrival 1 and 2.